Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hope




Allah Almighty says, "Say: 'My slaves, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is Ever-Forgiving, Most Merciful," (W39:50; H39:53) and the Almighty says, "Are any but the ungrateful repaid like this?" (34:17)


and the Almighty says, "My Mercy extends to all things." (7:156)





Abu Dharr reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Allah the Mighty and Exalted, says, 'Anyone who comes with a good action will have ten like it or more. If anyone comes with a wrong action, the repayment of a wrong action is a wrong action like it or I will forgive him. If anyone approaches Me by a hand-span, I come to him an arm-span. If anyone approaches Me by an arm-span, I come to him two arm spans. If anyone approaches Me walking, I come to him running. If anyone meets Me with mistakes equivalent in weight to the whole earth, having not associated anything with Me, I will meet him with the same amount of forgiveness."


Abu Ayyub Khalid ibn Zayd said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, 'If you had not sinned, Allah would have created other creatures who did sin and ask forgiveness so He could forgive them.'" [Muslim]



Ibn 'Umar said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, 'On the Day of Rising, a believer will be brought near his Lord until His mercy descends on him and He will ask him to acknowledge his sins and say, 'Do you confess to such-and-such a sin? Do you confess to such-and-such a sin?' He will say, 'Lord, I confess.' He will say, ' I veiled it for you in the world and I forgive you for it today,' and he will be given the page of his good actions."




note to self:
Even if our sins were to be as big as a mountain,we must not lose hope.For losing hope is the work of the devil.

‘We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope’
(Martin Luther King)

‘Do not despair. Be happy in yourself,and call for help from Him who will respond.
Saying, ‘You who love forgiveness, forgive us,O healer of the pain of this old gangrene’
(Rumi)

No comments: